A warm welcome awaits you at The Peat Inn, in Peat Inn village, By St Andrew’s. The Peat Inn has existed on this spot since the mid-1700s. Gradually, the surrounding village grew up around the Inn and took its name from the Inn itself, creating our unusual address: The Peat Inn, Peat Inn.
The original building has served down the centuries as a coaching inn, a hotel, a pub and a restaurant. Throughout these changing incarnations, The Peat Inn has an uninterrupted history of offering hospitality for around two hundred and fifty years. Today, it is a Michelin starred restaurant with rooms, owned and run since June 2006 by husband and wife team Geoffrey and Katherine Smeddle. Together, they continue to welcome guests who appreciate the very personal experience, excellent cooking and thoughtful service, which are the hallmarks of The Peat Inn. Additionally, in The Residence, our eight suites offer the opportunity for a rather special night away, where the pleasures of the table can extend into an overnight stay. We would love to welcome you soon.
Located in the heart of the village, main attractions and shops are all within a maximum 20-minute drive. The restaurant is situated on level ground. There is level access to the restaurant and Residence accommodation and a wheelchair accessible toilet for our guests.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Unfortunately we are not on a bus route so your own transport is essential.
- The nearest railway stations are Leuchars (7.8 miles) or Cupar (6.7 miles). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, contact Williamsons on 01334 476787.
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
- There is free parking on site for customers only. The car park is situated at the front, side and rear. There are 25 parking spaces. If you require easy access to the restaurant please let us know when you make your reservation and a space at the front of the restaurant will be held for you.
- Good lighting throughout the carpark from Residence to Restaurant.
- There is a path from the residence to the restaurant with a slight gradual slope from the Residence.
- Guests can be dropped off at the front of the restaurant if needed.
- Restaurant staff are on hand to help or assist if needed.
Restaurant, Bar & Bar Area
- The restaurant and bar area are situated on the ground floor with level entry from the side entrance. Entry to the bar is by one step, but an alternative low gradient ramp is available.
- Both the restaurant and bar have level access throughout with a wheelchair accessible restroom.
- The bar area has soft chairs and bonkettes ,without arms.
- Lighting throughout is natural daylight. Wall lighting, candles are lit on tables throughout the restaurant.
- The flooring in the bar area is wood and short pile carpet in the dining areas.
- We cater for all dietary requirements, please contact us in advance with any specific requests.
- Menus are available on menu boards outside the entrance to the restaurant.
- Background music is played in the bar and restaurant area.
- Customer toilets, including a unisex accessible toilet, can be found behind the bar area in the restaurant. There is level access to these from both the restaurant and bar area. The width of the door area is 78cm
Accommodation – Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms. The ground floor, level access bedroom, en-suite bathroom offers the following:
- Door opening to the bathroom is 77cms
- A raised lip of 1.5 cm to shower entry.
- The toilet height is 40cms
- The wash basin height is 78cms.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Grab rails, horizontal and vertical, around the shower.
- Tiled floor in bathroom
- Downlights throughout bathroom
- Large lawned garden with mature shrubs and trees on a slight gradual slope.
- The garden area is accessed by a level pebbled/gravel footpath
- Drinks can be enjoyed in the garden by our guests of both restaurant and residence.
- The Office Manager has obtained a SVQ3 in Social Care.
- Led lighting is used throughout the premises.
- We have the facility to charge a battery powered wheelchair.
- Wifi is available throughout the residence and restaurant.
Address (Inc postcode):
The Peat Inn,
By St Andrews,
Fife, KY15 5LH
Telephone: 01334 840206
Hours Of Operation:
Tuesday – Saturday
Lunch 12.30pm – 2.00pm (Last Sitting),
Dinner 6.30pm – 9.00pm (Last sitting)
Local Accessible Taxi: Williamsons 01334 476787
Local Public Transport: None
The Peat Inn
Peat Inn, Near St. Andrews
Tue - Sat (Lunch)
12.30pm - 2pm
Tue - Sat (Dinner)
6.30pm - 9pm
Tue - Fri
9am - 7pm
11am - 7pm
Closed 22nd - 26th December inclusive
Open 27th - 31st December
Closed 1st - 9th January 2020
Reopen 10th January 2020